The Borough of Bernville is currently v. Public works employees are responsible for mowing borough property (borough hall, the two parks, and water facilities), helping to open/close the park for rentals, maintain the mulch pile/woodchip branches, among other things. A detailed job description is available. Starting salary is over $12/hour, hours are flexible. Contact Brenda at Borough Hall at 484.769.8594 or email@example.com
October 5, 2021 @ 7:00 PM
- Call to order
- Guests – Nick Hemmerich
- Mayor’s Report –
- Police Report –
- Council Report – 2022 Budget discussion
- Secretary Report
- Open issues
- Generator for Well #4
- Advertising for Parks and Public Works Employee
- Budget and 5 year spending plan
- Stop sign replacement
- Create Building Committee
- Replacing/Repairing Streets and Curbs
- Rental Inspection’s – cost?
- New business
- Adopt Ordinance amending #258. An ordinance establishing and implementing a collection program for recyclable materials and establishing fines and penalties for violations thereof to require recycling at all community events and to designate leaf waste as a recyclable material and to provide for the disposition of leaf waste.
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the council for the Borough to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with the county of berks for providing dispatching services to the borough emergency services.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
September 28, 2021
Borough Council Workshop Meeting
Meeting Facilitator: VP Justin Kiebach
For more information on how to recycle click here
September 7, 2021
Borough Council Meeting
Meeting Facilitator: Danny Strunk Sr
Due to changes in DEP regulations we are currently not able to accept grass clippings at the lawn waste recycling center in Umbenhauer Park. You are encouraged to either mulch the grass clippings into your lawn, compost it, dispose of it in your regular trash or use the dumpster in front of the borough garage. As a reminder the recycling center is for Bernville Borough residential yard waste only. The borough is currently applying for a grant as part of a long term solution to resolve this issue.
You are still able to dispose of tree branches and leaf waste at the recycling center.
This months Borough Council meeting will be in-person at borough hall starting at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, July 6, 2021.
You are invited to attend Council meetings, typically held on the first Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
All meetings listed are open to the public. If you are a person with a disability and wish to attend, but require an auxiliary aid, service or other accommodation in order to participate in the proceedings, please call 484.769.8594 to discuss how we may meet your needs. Also, to discuss agenda items please call 484.769.8594.
Bernville Borough Community Day 2021 First Saturday in August
Come on out to this FREE family friendly day and enjoy the talent of Chris LaRose & The Hex Highway Blues Band from 6 to 9 p.m.
PLEASE DELIVER BAKED GOODS TO THE PAVILLION AT UMBENHAUER PARK BETWEEN 2:30 AND 3:30 PM. JUDGING TO TAKE PLACE AT 4PM
1. The contest is open to amateur bakers, age 12 and younger.
2. All entries must be made from scratch.
3. You must provide at least 6 of each item to be judged.
4. A recipe for each entry must be submitted, with the entry form available at the Bernville Community Library, or you can register online at BernvilleBorough.org
5. Place your entry a non-returnable covered dish.
6. Entries will be judged on appearance, texture, and flavor.
7. The judges’ decision is final.
8. All entries become the property of the contest organizers. Entries that earn a prize will be auctioned that evening. All other entries will be sold.
9. Prizes will be awarded in each category: 1st place: Prizes valued at $30; 2nd place: prizes valued at $20; 3rd place: prizes valued at $10.
10. Winners need not be present to win.
11. Names and/or pictures of winners may appear in future marketing events.
12. There is no entry fee.